Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

       
I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

          Happy Easter Sunday, all y'alls! For today I thought I'd go head and talk about my thoughts on the Church's other Easter video "Follow Him—An Easter Message about Jesus Christ" Go on and watch it, I'll just be here, waiting.


What? No, I'm not loading anything, this is just my waiting gif.

          Done? Good. Let's jam about it, my groovy cats

          I'm just going to dive right in, okay? In order to go along with someone's request to "follow me" it requires, as the video said, trust, belief and action. But how do we get those three things? I'd say action is the best place to start. As we act on Jesus's call to follow him we build trust in Him. From trust comes belief that He can help up and with trust and belief we then are better equipped to act than before. 
          Now at about the 40 second mark the narrator makes a point I would like to touch on. They mention that Jesus's invitation to follow Him will show us how to love others and how to love ourselves. Loving others is relatively easy, mostly because most people go to great lengths to put their most lovable attributes at the forefront. But loving ourselves is a little more complicated because we can see behind the facade. It can be hard to love yourself because you know all your dirty secrets. But it is part of God's plan that we learn to love ourselves. That may seem contrary ,though. God asks us to look beyond ourselves but also wants us to love ourselves? Crazy, right? WRONG.
           We are suppose to be like Christ, right? Well, you know what? Jesus likes you, and if you want to be like Jesus you have to like you, too. Jesus suffered for you, died for you, literally went to Hell and back for you, face it, weather you like it or not, you're worthy of being loved.

I guess that's all I have for you guy's today, so.
Namaste, y'all,
Michael
          

No comments:

Post a Comment